KENYA | TANZANIA | UGANDA | RWANDA | ETHIOPIA | NIGERIA | GHANA | SOUTH AFRICA | MOZAMBIQUE | ZAMBIA | ANGOLA | DR CONGO
A FMCG start-up in the bottled and drinking-water segment in Tanzania.
Finance, Logistics, Sales, Marketing
Board of Directors
To give overall direction and leadership toward the achievement of the company’s vision, mission, and annual goals and objectives.
Bunena, Bukoba Municipality, Tanzania (Open to EAC Nationals)
· Develop and implement an annual business plan that successfully delivers results and meets strategic objectives of the company
· Ensure the company consistently presents a credible and positive image to its stakeholders and the general public
· Manage and hold responsibility for business decisions
· Manage investment and business risks
· Collaborate with the Board to define and articulate the company’s vision and to develop strategies for achieving that vision;
· Lead the implementation of the organization’s Strategy with the Board and proactively provide insights and direction to the implementation of committed and planned projects on time and budget;
· Develop organizational key performance indicators that support the strategic direction set by the Board and correlate with annual operating budgets;
· Oversee the complete operations of the organization in accordance with the direction established in the strategic plans;
· Establish effective internal monitoring and control systems in executing the Strategy;
· Inform the Board and about trends, issues, problems and activities in order to facilitate policy-making;
· Direct the organization’s business growth as well as increase the company’s market share and revenue;
· Keep the Board fully informed on the financial health of the organization and all the critical factors influencing the company;
· Oversee implementation of standards and controls, systems and procedures, and regular evaluations across all business units within the organization;
· Provide general oversight of all organizational operations in order to ensure a smoothly functioning and efficient organization;
· Evaluate the company and Executive staff’s performance on a quarterly basis;
· Manage good relations with external stakeholders in order to build a strong corporate image;
· Inculcate a result-based management culture as well as a robust and conducive work environment to improve performance and accountability for all staff.
Board member duties:
· Contribute to the development of the Strategic Plan by determining strategic options, selecting those to be pursued, and deciding the means to implement and support them;
· Contribute to the development of the mission and vision of the organization and assuring that all actions are related to and adhere to that mission;
· Set overall corporate policies in line with the organization’s vision, mission and strategic plan;
· Attend, contribute and deliberate on issues presented at Board meetings;
· Recommend policy positions to the Board.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
· A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Management or other related field
· Fluent in both written and spoken English and Kiswahili
· Demonstrated distinguished leadership with a track record of achievements in the private sector backed with a minimum ten (5) years in senior management / executive level roles.
· Experience in nurturing corporate business relationships and establishment of long-term symbiotic partnerships with external stakeholders;
· Demonstrated results in growing a business or expanding a market;
· Proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales or other equally challenging business objectives.
· Strong product solution selling skills, including extensive experience calling on key executives.
· Profound understanding of business dynamics within area of control, as a basis for informed business decision-making.
· Competitive intelligence in account planning and sales activities to develop counter strategies that will neutralize competitive influence on the customer's buying decisions.
· Ability to make decisions
· Ability to think and act strategically
· Analytical skills
· Ability to delegate
· Communication and interpersonal skills
· Problem solving skills
· Presentation skills
· Ability to take initiative
· Planning and coordinating skills
· Ability to network, build and maintain relationships
· High level of integrity and dependability
· Salary negotiable depending on experience and qualifications
· Employment available under a two years’ contract renewable on merit
Send your CV (in Word format) titled with your Name via email with the Subject Line as “CEO Tanzania” to jobs [at] genesisconsult.net not later than 4 April 2016. No phone calls please.
In your application, please specify:
i. Current Gross Salary with Benefits;
ii. Expected Gross Salary with Benefits; and
iii. Experience in FMCG Sector.