KENYA | TANZANIA | UGANDA | RWANDA | ETHIOPIA | NIGERIA | GHANA | SOUTH AFRICA | MOZAMBIQUE | ZAMBIA | ANGOLA | DR CONGO
We are a not-for-profit that aims to change the way maternal healthcare is provided in East
Africa. We are working with over 300 government hospitals to improve outcomes for moms
and babies in the public sector. Since our inception in 2016, we have built a world-class team,
developed critical partnerships and support within Kenya, and sparked the interest of the global
maternal health community.
Based in Nairobi, Kenya with 25% regional travel, the Senior Clinical Program Manager will oversee high-quality project implementation, management of
team resources, and provide leadership on utilization of incoming data. The manager will be a key focal
point for program teams, making sure all parties stay up to date on the project, have efficient and
quality processes, and design, develop and implement strategic plans for the program.
- Provide overall strategic management and coordination the operations of the EmONC
- Mentorship Program, by strategically expanding the mentorship programs in existing counties
- and ensuring effective and smooth launch in new counties while maintaining quality of services
- Developing and implementing strategy for the program team, including developing a robust risk
- mitigation plan
- Manage a team of trained EmONC mentors within Jacaranda and the training teams
- Liaise with the Technology and Analytics team and the Research and Development team to
- ensure active engagement of the teams across platforms.
- Actively participate in the leadership team of Jacaranda Health, providing informed opinions for
- strategic direction, internal culture-building, and operations
- Oversees data collection, analysis (using statistical software), and monitoring for his/her
- programs, and providing key insights and reports for donors.
- Participating in grant application process, fundraising and reporting where applicable
- Managing budgets and reporting on fund allocation
- Working with the HR team to manage staff and resources for programs while also focusing on
- professional development of the team
- Liaising with the communications, developing strategic partnerships and exploring other
- avenues in order to increase alternative channels of enrollments of mums while maintaining a
- low cost per mentor trained
- Reporting on program performance to executive team and other team members, and donors
- Identifying opportunities for continual improvement
- Any additional duties as assigned
Desired Qualifications / Credentials
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in project management including supervising teams.
- Experience with clinical quality improvement approaches
- Proficient in computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Drive.
- Experience working with the Kenya MOH and/or county governments.
- Ability to understand how different projects interlink and overlap
- Ability to gather feedback and presenting insights
- Demonstrated high level written and verbal communication skills including reports and advice for key internal and external partners
- BScN/BScM or its equivalent
- Minimum of at least 7 years’ proven experience in Midwifery practice is preferred
- At least 2 years experience in EmNOC mentorship is preferred
- Additional training in EmONC courses is preferred.
- High attention to detail and analytical skills required.
- Proactive, self-starter and team-oriented; able to multitask effectively, solve problems, and seek assistance where necessary; able to meet project deadlines and deliverables.
Send your updated resume (in Word format) with your current compensation to jobs [at] genesisconsult.net before 5 March 2021.